Managed Knowledge Network
A Managed Knowledge Network supports the development and implementation of the Knowledge Management Strategy, Sharing Knowledge, Improving Practice, Changing Lives. The Learning Networks were founding members of the Shadow Managed Knowledge Network Steering Group, as this strategy fits closely with our core work.
The Learning Networks have developed a Memorandum of Understanding as members of the Managed Knowledge Network, which commits us to embedding the principles of the Knowledge Management Strategy in our work. In so doing, we have committed to transfer our knowledge into practice, support the Knowledge Management Strategy and workplan, share information and knowledge across organisations and seek to continuously improve knowledge management within the Learning Network teams.
Some of the ways we actively support knowledge management include:
- encouraging our members to share practice through local learning networks, online portals and virtual communities of practice
- facilitating events on subjects where workforce development is required to help inform good practice, based on feedback from our members
- promoting and disseminating information on learning resources and key initiatives through our website
- providing access to news feeds from our website and pulling in feeds from other organisations and projects which support the learning and development of the sector
- providing access to learning opportunities about online communication to support the development of online learning communities.